Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Suffolk Puffs

It has been a very wet day here today. Cold too, and we lit the fire this afternoon. I had to go out this morning, and never would have left the house if it wasn't necessary. There has been a lot of flooding around the city again. I haven't achieved a lot today. I did make the Suffolk Puff for the middle of my Dresden Plate. 

Firstly I cut a circle of fabric then folded in a small edge and tacked it down using doubled thread. 
Yes, my cutting mat is well worn. It is a family heirloom as it used to belong to Grandma, the legendary quilt maker. 

Once the edge is tacked down the thread is pulled tight to make the Puff. I thought this ended with a bit of a big hole in the middle. Maybe my tacking stitches were too small so there are too many wee gathers. 
It still looks sweet on the petals. 
I have to applique this onto the background fabric. I thought I would make a wee wall picture quilt, so I'll make a thin quilt sandwich and probably hand quilt it. I could use a spotty binding. 

Hopefully I can get more done tomorrow! 

3 comments:

Helen Philipps said...

This is so pretty, I love the colours and fabrics! I love Suffolk Puffs (or yo yo's as we seem to be calling them here now!) thank you for visiting my blog, it is lovely to find yours.
Helen xox

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Ooh, such pretty fabrics and colours! Thank you too for coming to visit and your kind comments!
Happy Weekend!
Susan x

Anonymous said...

聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站