Sunday, February 23, 2014

Amazing day

Just popping in for a quick update. We had a very late night last night (happy birthday Mrs CT), and today I had a big adventure. I was invited to take Zanny out to Woodend Beach for a ride. In spite of my terror, I joined four other riders, and had a brilliant time. The outing was a special one for one of the horses, but I will explain about that another day. 

I was so lucky to be going out with a group of incredibly experienced riders, so they supported me so well. Zanny was a bit uptight when I got on, but once we were moving, she did everything I asked of her. She was perfect. We walked along the beach, then two went ahead and three of us trotted along. Zanny took a bit of time to loosen up in the sand, but once we got going she really trotted. We went along faster that we have ever gone before at trot, and it was such fun. 

I was so proud of myself for being brave enough to give it a go. And even though I felt so anxious I wanted to throw up when we first started, I loved it and hope to go again. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very brave...sounds wonderful. Glad you and Zanny had a lovely time,
Meg xxxx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful dear, you felt the fear and went there anyway, so brave! Glad the storm waited until you had finished your ride. Zanny would have enjoyed it too. Xxx