Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cat in the Cabbages

I'm in quarantine. The doctor thinks I've got whooping cough so I have to to stay out of action for five days while I take medication to kill the bugs. I am hopeful that the battle is being won because I have felt really ill for a while now, and today I felt brighter. I am allowed back to school next Monday, so have been enjoying time at home with my darling friends. I just wish the horses were here too. Mr Mouse loves the brassica patch because he can lurk among the umbrella-like leaves, peering out at the world going by.
I spotted the first broccoli head developing today. Mr Mouse had better make the most of his hiding place while it lasts.
The weather is supposed to be warm again tomorrow. We will enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better, have been worried about you! Take care and enjoy your time off.

Lots of love, Mum - heading to Gisborne in the morning. xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hey there…so sorry to hear you are still so sick…a relentless cough is awful. plus the Whooping Cough nasal problem nearly finished me off a couple of years ago!
Enjoy your time in isolation…sounds great (apart form the actual sickness) to me!!
Love you,
Meg, Ryan and henry xxx