Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Oh so pretty!

The snow has been melting away today. Miss Dog enjoyed a romp on the front lawn.
I love the way her ears flap when she runs.
Yesterday I made this drawstring bag for my darling wee niece, Lucy. She will be two years old shortly.
I used giant ric-rac and a very cute fabric with wee raccoons and birdies. I was pleased because I very neatly zigzagged around the appliqued letters without going off course at all.
I've been working on this little vest for my nephew Henry. It is made of fabulously soft wool- a merino blend.
Today I went for a visit to my favourite quilt shop, Stitch. I LOVE visiting Stitch. There are beautiful fabrics, yarns, books and bits and pieces, plus they run great classes. While I was there I mentioned to Fenella, who owns the business, that I never got a chance to do the stack and slash class because of school, so she suggested I could go in tomorrow and she would tutor me through making a stack and slash quilt top. Now that's an opportunity I couldn't pass up! Last week I saw the divine new Tanya Whelan Delilah range and decided that I had to make a quilt out of these. Today I decided to get a jelly roll as I've never used one before.
I've never seen a jelly roll that I loved with a passion before. I started working on joining the strips this afternoon. I'm using Jane Brocket's Candy/Ice-cream quilt as the inspiration. More in my next post.
Today I had two helpers. Mr Ginger Jasper under my sewing desk. Note the fixed stare...
Miss Dog looking back from her quilt, her expression slightly worried. Mr Jasper is a powerful force, with a very foul mouth and sharp, sharp claws.

He doesn't have to use them, she knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely roll of fabric...I want to go to Stitch!!!
Henry's vest looks gorgeous and Lucy's wee bag is very sweet, love the fabric.
The snow looks magical.
No snow here..boo hoo...but SOOOO cold.
Have a great day tomorrow,
Meg xxx