Sunday, April 3, 2011

Autumn


We had the daylight savings changeover today. It is now 6.49pm, but yesterday it was 7.49pm. We had a nice leisurely start this morning and still had plenty of day to go. We did a supermarket shop, and I did some gardening, plus I went for a bike ride with the crafty neighbour and the twinnies. I picked some pear shaped cherry tomatoes and froze them. Then I made some pumpkin and tomato soup for lunches. I put in some more celery today as the first lot I planted is doing so well in the fancy raised beds. I cleared out the brassicas as they were looking like some kind of mutant vege plants and were (actually still are) infested with those powdery grey aphidy things and white butterfly caterpillars. Yuck.

I'm doing my yearly read of The Lord of the Rings. Last night we watched The Fellowship of the Ring. The three films are masterpieces - the incredible detail in the production is absolutely amazing. Ever since I found out what a foley artist does I've wanted to be one. I love the idea of making all of the sounds in a movie and matching them to the visual effects. There isn't much call for foley artists in Prebbleton. I was thinking about my pledge to try to live life to the fullest and I said to Johnny one of the things I'd love to do is get to know Peter Jackson. I am so incredibly thankful that he is doing The Hobbit. I found the book of The Hobbit a little too simplistic and childish compared to the dark and dramatic tale of The Lord of the Rings, so I'm hoping that Peter will imbue to story with drama and adventure. I'm sure the attention to detail will be as impressive as his previous productions.

Hmmm, how does one go about getting to know one of the most incredible directors the world has ever known. I'm still considering that one. I did get to meet Te Radar through a burst of assertiveness and that was fun. Just meeting someone interesting is not really living life to the fullest though, is it?

What else have I got on my "bucket list"?
  • Visit Monet's garden.
  • Go to Britain and Europe.
  • Touch a snake.
  • Canter successfully.
  • Do a dressage test.
  • Lose two dress sizes and stay that way.
  • Design and make a fabulous dress.
  • Get fit.
Those are all do-able. A little more challenging:

  • Visit the pyramids and the museum of Cairo.
  • Learn how to scuba dive and explore a coral reef.
  • Own a horse.
  • Own a car with personality.
  • Own a little holiday cottage by the beach.
  • Be in a movie.
  • Enter a triathlon.
It could go on forever- I guess winning lotto should be number one so I can do what I want to do.
Tonight's list of stuff to do- sort out the soup for lunches, get my gear ready for tomorrow, watch House and go to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there...great to read an update on your blog...
I am excited to say I have done a couple of things on your list...been to Britain and Europe (would love to go again) and been to Egypt...exciting and scary!!
I am right with you on a quite a few of your other things...would love to lose two dress sizes also...actually owing dress would be on my list!!
You will be cantering before you know it!!
Hope you have a good week at school, not long til the holidays.
Megxx