Monday, September 6, 2010

A Monday holiday

Today and tomorrow are unexpected holidays. I'm naturally very pleased indeed. Today the crafty neighbour and I took a trip to look at nurseries. I was sucked in by the English Roses Brother Cadfael and Gertrude Jekyll. We are still having lots of aftershocks. In fact we have had around 100 earthquakes since the big one. The biggest two have been over 5 on the Richter Scale, and many others have been 3.5 to 4.5. The latest cluster (or swarm) occurred when I was cooking tea, which was alarming. Johnny and I popped into my school and saw my poor piano reclining on the floor. I don't know if it will ever be the same again.

Tomorrow we have another brilliant day off school. I shouldn't be rubbing my hands together with so much glee with all of the destruction around, but I can't help it. I love a day off.


1 comment:

Gigibird said...

Still having aftershocks and you're cooking dinner?
I would need to be sedatated until everything settles.....
You need a gold star.