Saturday, July 17, 2010

Busy Bees

Wow, what an amazing husband I have! He has been making me four new raised vege plots to add to my current seven- yes, that's eleven raised vege patches all for me!!!! Plus I have the border gardens. I call it the Vegetable Empire. The new beds will be sunnier and are arranged to look more like a potager. As you can see in this photo, we still have to paint the fence and make the garden along the back look pretty. We have decided to make sure the backyard is beautiful by summer this year.

Here are the fabrics that I got at Primroses on Wednesday.
I absolutely love spotty fabrics and thought these two pieces would come in handy. The upper two pieces of floral fabric reminded me of Cath Kidston fabrics. It is heavier and more textured than the usual quilting cottons. I got busy today and made myself a new bag.

I used a pretty vintage green flower button with a red centre as a trim. It is a perfect match, but a little bit small.
I almost lined it with two soft green damask serviettes (napkins), but when I ironed them the pattern was divine lily-of-the-valleys and I thought they were far too pretty to be lining. So I used this navy gingham instead. It doesn't quite match, but I'm happy with it. There is a pocket on the inside and one on the outside.

I like the ric-rac trim. Believe it or not I've never used it before and I did such a neat job of sewing it on. My new bag went on its first outing tonight with my lotus cushion quilting project inside, which I worked away at while visiting Mrs. CT.

I'm quite excited because Miss S is coming to visit tomorrow. John is going to work on my raised beds. He says he wants to get the job done tomorrow. I can't wait to see them all beautifully planted up.

It is the last day of the holidays tomorrow. I think I have made the most of them, even though I'm sad they are almost over. I feel like I really discovered my passion these holidays.

No comments: