Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Inspired again





Here I go again. Back with the blog. I tried a special blog about our new town, but have decided that my heart lies with Poppies and Daisies. Blogs are so inspiring. Reading about the creative adventures of other people makes me excited and gives me a "can do" attitude. Since it is over a year since you have heard from me, I had better share some of my current interests.

  • Vegetable gardening. Oh, to grow veges to feed the nation.
  • Dahlias. Wow they give a lot of colour for no effort (especially when passed on to me by my lovely neighbour).
  • Cooking my own produce.
  • Embroidery. Still creating gardens out of thread.
  • Biking. Mr. B helped me fix up my old bike and I have started exploring the village.

On the "Still into it but could do better" list

  • Playing my 'cello.
  • Knitting and crochet- yes winter is coming.
  • Sewing. I have the Cath Kidston Sew book.

  • Creating art.'

  • Making my house lovely.

    These very orderly and well behaved vegetables are now a vast mass of green. Any ideas on what to do with spinach and rainbow chard to make it delicious to less than enthusiastic husbands?
      My most special man. We have had some dramas, but you are still with us. He is rolled up like a cinnamon bun, and twice as delicious! Soppy mother!

    And a special tribute to my darling Merlin. 11 or 12 years old when he finally died quietly. Here he is on his last weekend, and looking surprisingly good. He is actually buried exactly under the spot he is sitting in the photo. He is now fertilising the flowering cherry tree that he loved to sit under. What a special man he was. He had lots of cuddles and scratches around his ears and along his back. He never went hungry and was only ill in old age. XXXXXX Mr Bunny.

    PS. Sorry if the layout is a bit rough.

    No comments: