Monday, April 21, 2008

Autumn Colour










Today was another beautiful day on the farm. The light was lovely for leafy photos. There are hundreds of trees to choose from. The dogs and I had a fun time checking out as many as we could. They both had a swim before the frost had completely disappeared. Brrr! By the way Dad, your gumboots are not very watertight! We met a man called Ian and his two dogs, one of whom was very pleased to see the girls. He grazes animals across the road. He probably thought I was a bit odd with town clothes (for an impending trip for Nanny to see the blood sucker lady- actually read "city clothes" for "town clothes"- the people in town were giving me a few looks- might have been my bright red lipstick), big gumboots and an enormous camera. I thought he was very nice but rather odd wearing a bright purple polar-fleece jumper.

Take a look at this handsome fellow helping me with my latest project. No, this is not Monty, it is his cousin, Henry. Isn't he lovely? He did exactly what Monty does when I am sewing. Stuck his nose in to have a good look. This is my pink and green small quilt. I've pieced the main part of the top. It still needs fabric for the border. I don't want to start any long-winded projects because at this stage I've got no staying power and feel greatly gratified by quick results. But now I am determined to move beyond the big squares!

.

Oscar is coming to sit on my knee. Photo of him coming up when I snap a good one.
Other news (mostly for Mum and Dad):
  • Mum will be pleased to hear that the cats and Daisy are all well.
  • Mr Ram was trying out some x-rated moves on one of the ladies today, but she was being most prim and proper in response.
  • Auntie Marg came to visit today.
  • Nanny's blood test went well.
  • Merlin is enjoying his holiday, but has decided not to come out of his house much at all.
  • Miss Dog and Daisy are having a lovely time together. They are really sensible and were fine walking along with Nanny. They are just hanging out together when I'm not outside and the cats seem fine with it. They went in Daisy's pen together when we went to town.
I got tagged! I will respond tomorrow. I don't think anyone has tagged me before. Have a lovely week. I'm really happy XXXX

3 comments:

Dianne said...

The photos of the trees are beautifuly, Poppy and I enjoyed looking at your project with the cat sitting in the middle of it. Don't know how you get much work done that way. Isn't Autuum such a wonderful time of year, all those colors and such! It's almost as nice as Spring but the winter behind it spoils it for me.

hugs,

Dianne

Poppy Black said...

I LOVE Autumn, but I do find winter hard. I love the fresh mornings and sunny days. The air seems so clean, and the light very pure. I have to admit that once a cat decides to enter my workspace the pace of work slows considerably! Especially when Monty is determined to either sit on my knee, or interfere with what I'm doing to get my attention. My pink and green quilt is looking so pretty. I have decided that I want to scallop the edge, which could be a challenge. I have to find out how. :). My friend, Mrs CT, says that I just decide that I want to make something and go and do it. No point in thinking I can't before I've tried! I think seeing all of these wonderful women out there in blogland who are doing things inspires me to think I can too.
Thanks, as always, for your lovely comments, Dianne. XXXXX

Anonymous said...

Your trees are beautiful. I love autumn. It's my favourite time of the year, though spring and early summer are pretty good too!